Pages

6/10/2014

The Fault in Our Stars Movie Review







'


Right now their is one movie  that everyone seems to be talking about. The Fault in Our Stars is the film adaption of a John Green book by the same name. I have for the last couple years been a huge John Green fan and naturally have been eagerly awaiting this movie for months. I can say with great certainty that I was not at all disappointed with what I saw. Almost all of the book was there. There were a few small deviations from the source material but none of them detracted  from the depth and integrity of the story.

The cast was about as close to perfect as you can get. Shailene Woodley's Hazel and Ansel Elgort's Augustus are absolutely adorable together. Nat Wolff is very funny and genuine as Issac and all the characters are as alive and complex as they are in the book. I will confess to crying a little (well actually a lot) as Hazel gave her eulogy in  "the literal heart of Jesus" and I know I will do so many more times. This movie is an honest and heartbreaking story about love and life and the pain that they can bring. I strongly advise you to go out and see it today. Actually you should probably read the book first and maybe put on some clothes. But after that's done go see the movie and cry into your popcorn. You can thank me later.


“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” 

- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars 

Post a Comment