Pages

5/05/2014

In Celebration of May the Fourth

May the Fourth be with you

As many of you know yesterday was May the Fourth and to celebrate the event I thought I'd make a list of my favorite Star Wars games. Ever since the Star Wars movies originally came out there have been games to follow the rich and and almost infinite universe of Star Wars. For those of you who know me I'm a big Star Wars fan and I've been playing the Star Wars game since childhood, so without further delay here are my top five Star Wars games.

1. Star Wars: Galaxies (pre-combat patch)
No I'm not talking about Galaxies after the combat patch I'm talking about the original Star Wars:Galaxies. This MMO was perhaps one of the best MMO games that I ever got to play mainly because the game almost made you feel as if you were a part of the Star Wars universe. It could take almost an entire year to become a jedi in this game it was time consuming and very rewarding few MMO's can do what Star Wars: Galaxies did.

2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 
This game will always hold a special place in my heart it was pretty much one of the first RPG's I ever played. What I loved about it so much was the fact that your character was essentially you, you design the character not through the game but through the mindset of "What would I do?".

3. Star Wars: Battlefront 2                      
I first played Battlefront 2 at my cousins house on his X-Box we spent hours pitting ourselves against eachother with the Seperatist/ Imperial armies and the Republic/ Rebel alliance. Hours of countless fun being the drones of the army working our way up the kill count to finally play as the Legendary Jedi master/Sith lord. I have some really good memories of this game and can't wait for a Battlefront 3.

4. Star Wars: Jedi Knights II: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knights II is great not only because of the story, but also because of the first person lightsaber combat. You felt just like a Jedi (when you got your lightsaber) it was probably one of the coolest experiences ever. Although I personally enjoyed the game for all of the mods that were out for it, but even by itself it's still a great game and if you haven't played it yet you should.

5. Star Wars: Republic Commando         
Star Wars: Republic Commando is one of my all time favorite Star Wars games it didn't get higher on the list because I genuinely believe that the games listed are better. This FPS set in the clone wars brought the tactical shooter to the Star Wars universe it was one of the awesomestt games ever although it was somewhat short. What I loved most about this game was how awesome all of your teammates were, Scorch (Voiced by Raphael Sbarge also voiced Carth Onasi), being my personal favorite next to Sev.

This concludes my top 5 Star Wars games if you agree or disagree on this list please let me know by commenting what your top 5 Star Wars games are and as always I'll see you online and May the Fourth be with you.
Post a Comment