Winston Churchill's legacy continues to live on to this day. In honor of this wonderful man, here's some facts about him.
1. He loved to smoke cigars. Romeo y Julieta was his favorite brand. 2. He was agnostic. 3. He stuttered. 4. He wore dentures. 5. His father died when he was in his 20's. 6. He suffered from depression at times, referring to it as his "black dog". 7. His height was an estimated 5'8''.
8. He died when he was 90 from a stroke.
9. He loved to paint.
10. He didn't go very far in school, but he had a ton of honorary degrees.
11. He loved expensive things, even though he had trouble affording them.
12. He wrote books. 13. He served in the military. 14. He had five children.
So... This is new. Hi, my name is MacKenzie and I'm a new blogger on this site. I'll be focusing pretty heavily on anime and examining the pros and cons of each one. I also have a pretty unhealthy obsession with Disney movies, but I usually have some pretty unpopular opinions about them so I'll refrain from examining those indefinitely. My Tumblr can be found at i-like-ur-attitude.tumblr.com. Also, just in case this wasn't enough for you, here are 5 facts about myself:
I speak three languages, one fluently and two I speak fairly well.
I also have 2 horses, 2 dogs, and 3 cats.
I've got horrible depth perception.
I can type at ~85 words per minute.
I have a very strict diet of ramen noodles and microwaveable burritos.
Buddhism is one of the world's largest religions. Buddhism does not have a god.
The two main branches of Buddhism are Mahayana and Theravada. They both teach the same basic thing, that life is suffering. Most Buddhists try to follow the noble eightfold path. For more information on the noble eightfold path please visit this website: http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/pathmaps.htm
Meditation plays a huge role in Buddhism. It is said to relieve suffering. By focusing on the breath people can get their mind off of their problems.
The first Buddha was Siddhartha Gautama. Legend has it that he was born into a wealthy family and was not permitted to leave the palace. As he got older curiosity lead him out. He saw so much suffering that he concluded that life is all about suffering. Gautama saw many other things and these would come to be known as the four sites. Karma also plays a huge role in Buddhism.
The main goal of Buddhism is Nirvana. Nirvana means that suffering, selfishness, and desire cease to exist. Buddhism also teaches Reincarnation, however it is different from the Hindu definition of reincarnation.